Friday 21 June 2019

WORTHY OF MENTION POEM "THE VOICE THAT WON'T GO AWAY" WRITTEN AND READ BY PRICILIA AHAIWE AT LOUDTHOTZ POETRY OPEN READING SEASON 10 EPISODE 6 AWAY

PRICILIA AHAIWE


THE VOICE THAT WON'T GO AWAY 

I am a voice, not an echo.
A resounding thunderous voice,
The one that won't go away.

I am life, not an empty dream.
Alive, breathing in the aura of earth's majesties. 

I am dawn, not the mild darkness. 
The one that breaks over the horizons, 
Feeding oxygen to nature's creatures. 

I am a seed, not the one that bows to the East wind.
The one that sprouts and flourishes,
The fruitful one. 

I am light, not the one that can be turned off. 
The one with the ambient glow that brightens even the darkest of nights. 

I am sun, not the blurred yellow one with the constant scorching heat.
The rising vigilant orange sun, 
Graceful in its wake, 
Drying up unshed tears in your eyes 

I am joy, not the passive momentary kind you've felt
The one that sets your heart afire, 
Whose delight you can't explain away. 

I am water, not the one that stays put, 
Like a maid waiting for instructions.
The one that breaks through every crack and springs out, 
Quenching every thirst it finds. 

I am fire, not the one that burns slowly. 
The one that refines.
That makes even the devil's flame seem an ordinary smoke. 

I am a Star, not the passing night one. 
The one that twinkles and brightens 
and burns every shadow the darkness brings. 

I am moon, not the half, not the crescent.
The full moon that illuminates this galaxy and beyond. 

I am a voice, 
Not the one crying in the wilderness 
The resounding thunderous one. 
The voice that won't go ever go away,
Even till the last bolt of my wooden coffin is screwed in...

Pricilia Ahaiwe

No comments:

Post a Comment