Thursday 27 June 2019

"MY LAST INK" WRITTEN AND READ BY SOLOMON NDULUE AT LOUDTHOTZ POETRY OPEN READING SEASON 10 EPISODE 06 AWAY




MY LAST INK

The introductory part of the letter in which i sent to Betty was about a multiple lines, I ran out of ink but my few points were made.

"When you left me,
I sold my conscience for a while. 
You shot me in the heart and left a hole 
A hole as deep as the heavens so high.
You took away my meaning, and served me emptiness. Then I lacked protection

My Gold,
I present to you this list of my feelings,
Please retrieve to yourself and purchase me your heart."

I peeped from the window in the backyard, as she smiled over my write up.
Then I thought that i had crowned the cake with an icing. In a jiffy, she grabbed her lower lip with a little bit of impatience and her premolars and then tore neatly, the inscriptions of my last ink.

I got sad, mad and rang her. 
"thank you for being inpatient towards me, Betty. Now I want to let you be." 

I ran back, gathering the pieces of the torn letter to solve the puzzles, as an evidence of a shattered relationship. When i was done with the puzzles, it read...

“a big black box, two medium sized padlocks and a pair of black shoes". All were contrary to my writings. All were with a Price tag.
It was obviously a market list from Betty's mother.

I was inpatient.
I was .judgemental
I concluded. 
I was disappointed.

The next time I dialed her contact digits,
She already left the neighborhood.

I was willing to write her,
I already used my last ink.

Ndulue Solomon. E.

No comments:

Post a Comment