Monday 24 June 2019

"LONG AND LONELY" WRITTEN AND READ BY HENRY AMAMI AT LOUDTHOTZ POETRY OPEN READING SEASON 10 EPISODE 06 AWAY




LONG AND LONELY

I stared endlessly at the void,
on the wake of your departure.
I heard the echoes of your voice, as your memory cuddled me
through the stillness of the night
but in my head
How is life at the other city?
Where were you in the last few days?
Oh! I know.
I know you just left
We made our promises too frightened to say goodbye
You asked me to wait your call
I told you I would be strong
I am strong, so I won’t ring you.
I am strong
Like when you mumbled your goodbye without looking back
I waited endlessly for a gaze
I assured myself you would wave
I am convinced, I missed both in a blink
I am strong,
Like the the light footed,
heavy hearted, walk back home from your departure
Long and lonely, you took my haste along

I am strong,
Like the never-ending night without you
You took dawn along
I am strong,
My only fear is
your goodbye is beginning to have its real value
I hope the gods hasn’t taken side
on that which was forbidden.

-Amami H.

No comments:

Post a Comment