Wednesday 26 June 2019

"GONE AWAY" WRITTEN AND READ BY CHIKA NNAMANI AT LOUDTHOTZ POETRY OPEN READING SEASON 10 EPISODE 06 AWAY



GONE AWAY

 

As I walk through the walk way
I observed the environment and looked closely
I see Oceans of people moving like surging sea come and go
As I Watched with keen interest
Streams of different peoples, characters and colours pass through my
sight

Different characters and mannerisms I see in their faces
In wonder and surprise I see before me despondence,
Scorn, sorrow, greed, avarice, corruption which are celebrated
Gone away are the good norms
Nakedness celebrated as fashion
Society frown no more, but promoting laxity
Garden of Eden came to my mind
And I said lead me not into temptation

Gone away is the precious smile of humanity
Joy and happiness have departed our souls
Our decadence we mirror unseeing and unconcerned
There seems to be progress for some but not for many
Realization of how low man has fallen is unseen
Time is running out

Where are we going and for how long
For the few who can still see
The obvious is there.

Chika Nnamani

No comments:

Post a Comment