Tuesday 25 June 2019

TURNSTILE WRITTEN AND READ BY IFEANYI EMMANUEL AT LOUDTHOTZ POETRY OPEN REDING SEASON 10 EPISODE 06 AWAY



TURNSTILE

As summer winds grit,
The fruits of passion sours,
As the taste of your voice scorch my lips.
The memories we have chars
And our soul crumbles in a truss which will no longer hold.
 I am lost in the haze of my own shadows.
Joy becomes a companion too costly to be owned.
My soul stumbles into brinks fading towards oblivion
Sanity in me is a friend lost to cycles of fate.
I am too hurt to be loved
Because I loved too much that it hurts.
I seek an alcove from this tortured memories
Because I lost the fight that keeps me together.
As autumn chills sets in
The streams of passion lazed
And the crisps of your voice deadened my soul.
But the memories once cold warmed by the fire
Of warmth grazing my skin from your roaming fingers.
My heart is again melted by your devious grin.
My lips dances to the tune of your reverend whispers.
Nature echoes a new song that binds hearts
And life breathes a new beginning as I hoped it true.
For out of the cradle of my darkness flickers desire
And the carcasses made of our bond has become whole again.
The hurt that ripped hope to shreds
Now crowns the promise of tomorrow.
As winter dead breaks
The debris of passion cinders
And the embers of your voice fiddles my mind.
Memories have driven perception of utter desolation
As hope was daggered with contemptible betrayal.
My heart is torn through like a scavenger’s meal.
Regret oozed like cramps of a woman’s flow.
Joy becomes my derision as I watch your ego float
Your back cast a shadow on my will to breathe.
My aura withers as comfort has lost a hole in whole
And your farewell breaks the dams that holds my sanity in place.
Darkness seeps in in its invincible cloak
Death flows through in its accustomed stream.
As spring sprite blooms
The petals of passion flourishes
And the arousal of your voice is comforted by casts of rainbow
Memories have become a fond repast of my solitude
And solace has sprout vim from carcasses of futile promises
Beyond gloom clouds are blue skies
Beneath barren lands are flowing waters
In this scarred heart is an eager release of an ornate soul
And away with the winds its mind roams to its place to call a home and a hope
Away from yesterday’s drowning rue to craft tomorrow a sky of twinkling stars
Away from the one I loved most of all to the one who gave it all to love
Away from who I am
To who I can be.

IFEEANYI EMMANUEL 

No comments:

Post a Comment