Monday 20 February 2012

"My Poem" A POEM READ BY MISS OBODO AT LOUDTHOTZ OPEN POETRY READING, FEBRUARY, 2012


My Poem

i sat to write a lovely poem
one of course that rhymes
around the world my thoughts did roam
but nothing passed but time

oh what will my poem be?
about nature, socirty or reality
words which flow and on paper glow
thoughts merging and on paper converging
i looked at the page...it was blank
oh what had happened to my poem bank?

after a while i was a bit weary
and to be truthful somewhat teary
how could i not have a poem today
oh what was i going to say?
sentences and themes float about
none of which were ready to come out

i scribbled for a while and a little while more
but couldn't seem to find the door
into the poem bank...safe and secure
this had never happened before

after i'd sat down for what seemed like ages
i realized then that poetry came in stages
a reason to sow and one to reap
so i got quickly to my feet
picked up my scribbles and little notes
and kept them safely in my tote
my poem will come...in its own time
and when it does i'm sure it will rhyme

MISS OBODO

No comments:

Post a Comment